Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Incoming Postcards and a Letter

Hello out there. Who? You! I went to bed fairly early last night and yet I woke up very late. I'm off to a rough start this morning but yesterday's mail was a smile maker.  First, a pen pal letter I received.

 
From my pal Margie.
 
 
This Postcrossing comes from Ukraine.
The sender writes: Spring- a time of love, a new life, the most beautiful flowers. You-JARIELYN R. embody the most wonderful quality of spring: sunny smile, unpredictable spring thunderstorm, tenderness and freshness of the first leaves. Happy spring! greetings from Ukraine. Sveta.
 
Aren't those words the most thoughtful you've ever read on a postcard?  If that doesn't make you smile I don't know what will. It sure made my day. :)
 
 
My guardian angel I mean, a postcrossing from the Netherlands.
The sender writes: Translation text of the front: May the angel of consolation give you power when you are hurt by the loss. (author: Marinus van den Berg)  Dear JarieLyn, I have found a card with an angel for you! I am a writer of children books and a painter as well. I've also made a painting of an angel. You can see it. www.miekevanhooft.nl/schilderijen   Best wishes! Meike
 
I looked at her website and her paintings are very colorful and nice. They kind of have a whimsical feel to them. I like them a lot and wouldn't mind hanging one in my house to remind me to play.
 
 
A Postcrossing from Finland.
The sender doesn't speak English so she only signed her name, Elsa.
 
 
A Postcrossing from the Netherlands.
The sender writes: Hi. Famous Dutch illustration with snow! We had none this winter so far- so I guess we ? have to do it. Greetings from Amsterdam. Happy Postcrossing.
 
I love the scene depicted in the above card. It makes me think of an old black and white movie.
 
 
A Postcrossing from Isle of Man.
The sender writes: Hello JarieLyn- Snail Mail card for you from Isle of Man. Since you live in the desert, I thought I'd send you a card that deals with water! All the best to you, Patrick.
 
This card does look refreshing. And I never knew there was a country called Isle of Man. I love Postcrossing.  The people I get to meet and the little things they share are really special.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Scriptor Senex said...

tastrootcurvesThe Tulips and Lily of the Valley from Ukraine is beautiful.

Scriptor Senex said...

Ha, ha! The word verification ended up as part of the comment on the last one.