Friday, February 7, 2014

Oh Happy Mail Day

Hello. I hope you all are enjoying your day so far.  I'm headed to meet some friends for lunch and a movie after I write this post. It's so nice to be able to go to the movies on a week day.  As for the mail, I had a good mail day yesterday. I received lots of postcards and a nice swap. See for yourself.


These are postcrossings from the Netherlands, Canada and Russia.
Normally, I would share what the sender writes but I'm skipping it today.


These are postcards from a swap I joined, all from different people.  Funny how they are all vintage cards. I guess that means they took good care to read my profile.


This envelope arrived from another swapper. The envelope is made from a Christmas gift bag. It is so cute. Inside were the notecards that was the main focus of the swap.


In addition to sending me the required amount of notecards, she enclosed a few extras as well as one postcard and a bunch of Christmas envelopes.  This was a great package. The notecards are all nice quality too.


A Postcrossing that arrived in an envelope. Isn't it cute? I must say, this one really made my day. I love it and favorited it on the postcrossing site.

My outgoing mail was minimal. I only sent two postcrossings.


This card is on its way to Rhode Island.
I write:  Hello Nancy! I am JarieLyn. I started my morning by writing for 12 minutes in my journal. It's how I meditate and connect with my higher self. I hope you are happy & healthy. <3 JarieLyn


This one is on the way to Spain.
I write: Warm grettings to you M. I live in Las Vegas Nevada with my husband. It is a pleasure to be sending you a card. My former accountant was from Spain and he used to tell me stories of his childhood there. I loved seeing the gleam in his 80 year old eyes as he remenisced about his days there. He gave me a recipe for Sangria & for Garbonzo bean soup that was passed down from his mother. I miss him. Wishing you much happiness. <3 JarieLyn

Well that's it for today. 
I will connect with you all soon.







3 comments:

Cheri said...

That really was a happy mail day! The dog one is too cute.
Lunch and a movie on a weekday sounds like a great outing, enjoy!

Laura said...

I love the idea of using the gift bag as an envelope. :) Great mail!

Linda said...

Such a lovely collection!