Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Outgoing Postcards

Good morning my friends. I'm sitting in my office at home and I've got my portable heater next to me warming my feet. I love feeling warm and cozy as I read all my favorite blogs.   I have a few Postcrossings to share with you this morning, and later maybe a few pen pal letters. Lets get started.


I bought this postcard while in Virginia City last August inside a great little bookstore. The whole store was filled with antiques and books all about the wild west. Fascinating stuff for me absorb.
This card is on a journey to Canada.
I write:

Hello Jenny and welcome to Postcrossing. You have the same birthday as my grandma. She was my most favorite person in the world and I miss her every single day. If you have just a small bit of the qualities she had, then you are a great person. sending you good vibes and happy wishes from my home in Las vegas, Nevada. I hope you enjoy Postcrossing as much as I do. <3 JarieLyn


This card is going to Japan.
I write: 
Hello I....., I hope this postcard reaches you with good cheer. Las Vegas, Nevada is where I make my home. In addition to Postcrossing, I also collect vintage postcards for my personal collection. It is my opinion that they tell a more accurate story than the history books.  Smile, it's contagious. <3 JarieLyn.

This card is on its way to Minnesota.
I write:
Dear R., warmest greetings from Las Vegas, NV. I adore any illustration by Norman Rockwell because every time I look at one of his paintings it evokes some kind of emotion from me. It stirs deep within me, a feeling of nostalgia. This particular image is about the reaction to the Vietnam War.  I love how each face shows an emotion of dread. It makes my heart sink. Take care and have a glorious day! <3 JarieLyn.


This card is traveling to Germany.
I write:
Dear S, back when I was in high school many many years ago, the kids who took german as a language would sell german candy as part of a class fundraiser. I always bought some becase it was the best candy ever. It was soft like taffy, a bit sour and was shaped like a skinny candy bar. I wish I could remember the name of it. Keep enjoying your life, it goes by way too fast.  Sending you good vibes. <3 JarieLyn

Until the next posting...............

Have a glorious time.





1 comment:

The Artful Diva said...

It's pretty warm here today - low 80s!