Monday, January 27, 2014

Change


I was up late last night revamping my blog.The old background never really was one that I was crazy about to begin with and although the current look does bring about a fresh quality, it still isn't what I truly want.  It may be tempory for now, but for how long is still to be determined. When I set out to change the look and feel of my blog I had a grand vision for what I thought would look good but I was wrong.  The above image is a vintage postcard that I bought at an antique store and which I adore. The greeting on the postcard and the image itself is really how I want to represent myself and my blog, because it really is how I feel. 

Sending and receiving mail truly is a passion and I want the world to know that it goes deeper than just showing off a few photos of mail. It's about connecting with people, learning about other cultures, and it's about leaving an imprint on this earth. It's about documenting specific moments in time that will become history. It's also about making people feel good. Every time someone receives a letter or card in the mail, I am positively 100 % sure that it brings a smile to their face. Sending mail is my calling. To most people, that statement probably sounds insane, however, I believe I was meant to send mail. It makes my heart glad. I not only get to express myself with words and creativity, but I also get to share a smile with someone else and that's what a calling is. It's following your heart so that the path you are on feels good and right deep inside your soul. It is food for your spirit.

I rambled on and I digressed. What I meant to say is that I wanted to use that postcard as the background for my blog. I added the photo, aligned it in several different positions, but it just made everything look too busy. It was a cluster f***k. Looking at it cluttered my mind and made me feel anxious, so off it went even though I really wanted to leave the message on the blog.  Maybe I will put it on the sidebar later.


I even thought about the above as a background, but no, that didn't work either.
Some of you have probably seen this before as I have made these into stickers and sent them on some of my outgoing mail in the past.  I used to write a lot of poetry but no so much anymore. This is probably one of the last pieces of poetry I've written.

I suppose that change is a slow process when the outcome has to be just right. But then again, maybe there is no such thing as a perfect outcome because eventually, if there is even a smidgen of personal growth, that perfect outcome won't be so perfect anymore, because it will be just as stale as the previous thing that evolved from change. So for now, this current change will remain until I feel the need for something different. And I know I will, eventually.

And now, on to the mail:


A Postcrossing traveling to The Czech Republic.

I Write:
Hello B, it is a Sunday morning as I rite to you from my home in Las Vegas, Nevada. I look forward to a Photoshop class I'm attending later this afternoon, as well as an endermologie treatment earlier in the day. Thos two things will take up most of the day. I am very fortunate to be able to do most of the things I want. I have a great husband who is very supportive of my many endeavors and I love him with all my heart. "Face your life, its pains, its pleasure, leave no path untaken." ~ Neil Gaiman~  Wishing you a happy life, <3 JarieLyn

Enjoy the rest of your day.






1 comment:

The Artful Diva said...

i NEVER get mail like that - mostly bills, ugh!

I think your blog is coming along. I only change mine every 3 or 4 years...