Wednesday, May 1, 2013

There Are A Million True Paths

Good afternoon.
 It's 4:41 p.m. Nevada time.
I didn't do much of anything today.
My cleaning service was here so other than doing laundry, I basically just killed time surfing the net, reading facebook statuses, and organizing some of my clutter in my office.
I just got back from the post office with a few items in tow.
I received a wonderful letter from Kimmie with a few extra goodies tucked inside.
 
 
I was delighted that a sticker could stimulate my thought process.
It's true, there are a million true paths.
I think most people think of their own true path in terms of business or career direction.
But really, I think your true path is one in which something just feels right.
Me staying home and taking care of the house and being domestic isn't any less of a true path than someone who goes out into the world and works for pay.
Also, someone who is happiest when they are creating a piece of art, even if no one else ever sees it could be considered a true path.
Anyhow, I could go on and on, but since this is a mail blog I won't.
 
 
The envelope I received from Kimmie.
Look at all of those wonderful stamps.
I love the one with the dogs.
In addition to the Million True Paths sticker she also enclosed a V-Mail reproduction.
 
 
I love it.
Honestly, the 1940's is my favorite era.
This reminds me of a novel I read a couple of years ago called, "Dream When You're Feeling Blue".
It's about three sisters during World War II who sit at their kitchen table and write letters to their boyfriends and soldiers.
It's a very good book.
 
 
A postcard from another swap partner for the fast 10 pc swap.
 
 
I finally received Mariska's vintage postcard that she sent on April 2nd.
Somewhere along the way it took a journey in the postal system and dodged it's destination for nearly a month.
 
 
I'm not sure what happened but it had this sticker on it.
I'm just glad it finally found its way to me.
 
 
An official Postcrossing from Belarus.
Isn't it cute?
The sender writes:
Hello!
I'm a student from Belarus.
I study tourism.
I like traveling and reading.
I would like to visit Las Vegas one day.
I hope you enjoy this lovely card.
Good luck!
All the best!
Julie
 
And now for the outgoing:
 
 
A Postcrossing on its way to Poland.
 
 
Swap-Bot:  Don't Judge a Book By It's Cover.
I hope the sender likes what's inside.
 
That's it for mail.
I hope you all are having a wonderful day and continue to have a wonderful evening.
I'm making spaghetti for dinner.
 
Until tomorrow.................
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Rissies Personal Blog said...

I'm so glad you finally got my card! Hope you could get the sticker off well without damaging the written side of the card and/or the stamp!

Love all your other mail too. :)