Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I Should Leave Town More Often

Hello friends!
 I woke up a little cranky this morning but the edginess I was feeling when I forced myself out of bed has disappeared, and now I am enjoying my computer time.
Even though it's all ready Wednesday, I feel like my weekend just ended.
My husband and I had a great road trip to California and we were able to spend some time with his mother, my sister and my mother, and none of them live in the same city.
 
When I checked my mail on Monday I was completely blown away.
My mailbox was full of good stuff.
I had letters.
Lots of letters from great people.
I also had oodles and oodles of postcards.
Is it improper to describe mail as delicious?
 
 
This is going to be a long post.
I debated whether or not to post each piece of mail individually and I decided I would.
Unless of course I changed my mind while in the middle of posting.
 
I'll start with the letters first because they made me the happiest.
 
 
A letter from Rachel full of goodness.
Her letter was enjoyable to read and she sent me some pictures and some postcards.
Loved it.
 
 
A letter from Mariska on cute stationery and pretty handmade envelope.
Loved it.
 
 
A letter from Jackie, also on very pretty paper and nice handmade envelope.
Love it.
 
 
A letter from Lisa, also very enjoyable.
My first metered stamp from France which I actually like very much.
 
 
A letter written on a notecard from L.R.
She also enclosed some cute flower memo sheets.
 
_______________________________________________________________________
 
Postcrossings!
 
 
This one is from Ukraine.
The sender writes: Hello JarieLyn!
I send you a postcard.
I hope that it will "complement" to your collection.
Good luck.
Stepan
 
 
This one is from China and I like it very much.
The sender writes:
 
It was too good not to show the whole thing.
Pretty stamps, Chinese writing, an English phrase, and a watermark of the paper which leads me to believe that the sender created this postcard with his own photographic image.
 
 
This one is from Malaysia.
The sender writes:
DURIAN- a Malaysian fruit, unique in taste.
 
 
From the good ole USA.
The sender writes:
Hi JarieLyn,
Hope you enjoy this card as it is one of my favorites because we have these rustic structures all over town.
Every spring, we load up the dogs and head to the local farms to explore and photograph these beautiful barns.
Happy Postcrossing!
Smiles,
Meg.
 
I like receiving cards from the USA just as much as I do from other countries.
 
 
This one is from Russia.
The sender writes:
Greetings from Moscow!
My name is Julia, I'm 19 y.o.
My hobbies are music and traveling.
Recently I visited USA.
I've been to LA, SF, and LV.
It was awesome!
I really love your country and I'll come back in September.
:)
 
 
A Postcrossing from Taiwan, a variety of postcards sent in an envelope.
The sender didn't write anything at all.
Here's a photo of the other side of the envelope.
 
 
 
_______________________________________________________________________
 
Swap-Bot
 
Here are a few swaps I received.
 
 
A Thank You Notecard Swap (from partner no. 1)
 
 
Thank you notecard swap (from partner no. 2)
 
 
Notecard swap # 3.
She sent some great cards.
 
 
Don't Judge a Book By Its Cover Swap.
This is a list of top five favorite books.
 
_________________________________________________________________________
 
Random Postcards
 
 
This is a re-send of week one from one of my partners for the RR on Postcrossing.
 
 
From Ria sent during National Postcard Week.
How did I not know that it was National Postcard Week?
 
___________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
I mailed a few items before leaving town and I also sent out some mail yesterday all of which I forgot to photograph.
You'll have to trust me and take my word that mail left my address and is on the way to another location.
 
I hope you enjoyed my mail eye candy today.
Have a great afternoon!

3 comments:

TTBishop said...

What a haul! That'a about what I get in a year! In your next letter to me tell me about your top 5 books! I want to know! (And don't worry if it takes you a while to write back... I don't mind, and you are worth the wait!)

Anonymous said...

What a great bunch of mail. I get all excited when I get tonz of mail at once as well. sometimes the mail is the highlight of my day. Thinking of you always
Ria

Rissies Personal Blog said...

Just a quick message:
Love all your mail! It's soo great! And I'm glad you received my letter in the meantime! Take your time with writing back! Hugs