Friday, April 5, 2013

TGIF Mail

Friday is just another day for me but I still get happy when it arrives because it means time with my husband on the weekend. We don't always do much but the possibility is always there and that makes me smile. What do you like to do on the weekends?

I drive to my post office every single day to check my mail. Who thinks I'm crazy?  Am I obsessed with mail?  Yes, I am and I love it. I have received some lovely mail this week as always. Here's what filtered in and out the last couple of days not including today. I have not gone to the post office as of yet. I have written one letter so far today and plan to write at least one more.

 
This is week 2 from my partner for the Themed Messages RR postccard swap on Postcrossing.
This comes all the way from Russia.
 
 
This is an official Postcrossing from Canada.
The sender writes:
Hi JarieLyn, this lovely old building is a favourite of mine in downtown Belleville.
The birds love it too, often perching along the roof line.
Sadly, it is showing signs of decay & is currently blocked off for fear of collapse.
Happy Postcrossing!
Liz.
 
 
This is week 3 of the Themed Messages PC swap.
This one is from the same partner as week no. 2 above.
From Russia.
 
 
Sorry it's blurry. I have a shaky hand when using my phone.
I have the Galaxy Note and it is very wide and not the easiest to use but I love it.
This is an official Postcrossing from Poland.
The sender writes:
Hi!
I'm Sara, I'm 17 and I livwe in Poland.
I like traveling and horse riding.
I'm a scout.
I agree with you: writing letters are the loveliest way to communication.
I hope you like my postcard and my town.
Invite you to Augustow.
Take care :)
 
It looks like a very nice and fun place to visit.
 
 
This is from myh partner for 50 stickers swap on Swap-Bot.
 

 
A letter from a new pen pal who found me via the info I left in her postable account.
 
 
A letter from Rachel.
Yay!
I was very happy to receive this letter becuase her last one got lost on its way to me.
Maybe it will show up eventually.
I hope so.
 
 
A letter from the lovely Angie.
Angie, if you are reading this, it is not too much pink for me.
 
 
An official Postcrossing from the Netherlands.
The sender writes:
Hello JarieLyn!
I'm already that age that I recognize this cars.
My favorite music is from Blof (biof?), a Dutch band.
You can search them on youtube and enjoy their music!
I love the sea, beautiful clouds, coffee, books and cinnamon ice.
:) Desiree
 
Out my door and to the post office traveling all around, from my house to yours.
 
 
My envelope for the recipient of my 50 stickers.
 
An official Postcrossing on its way to Ukraine.
 
 
Week 4 going to my partner in Russia for the Themed Messages swap.
 
 
This is week 4 for themed messages swap going to my partner in Estonia.
(Nashville, my favorite city in the U.S.)
 
 
An official Postcrossing card on its way to Germany.
 
 
A birthday package for Rachel.
:)
I hope she likes what's inside.
 
 
That's all for now.
Have a wonderful weekend and if you take a road trip don't forget to pick up a postcard.
 
 


 


4 comments:

The Artful Diva said...

Awesome work - your collection is fantastic!

rachel said...

yay! i'm glad this 2nd letter made it to you! looking forward to getting the surprise package :)

Scriptor Senex said...

Desiree's card's cars are modern by my standards!!

Randall said...

I LOVE your Opryland postcard! I was born and raised in Nashville and spent the first 29 years of my life there, so I have very fond memories of Opryland. I, like most everyone else I talk to, am sad it's gone.