Saturday, November 17, 2012

Results of a Good Mail Week

Hello everyone.
It's been a busy week for me.
My Mother-in-law is here for the holidays and we've been running around all over the place.
 
I was so tired yesterday that I was in bed by 8:30.
Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a night owl and I rarely go to bed before 11:00 p.m.
I'm thankful  that I've been getting out of the house.
 
I got a lot of mail this week.
I'm finally starting to see results of all the swaps I've been joining as well as postcrossing.
 
 
This is an official postcrossing card from Nicole in Georgia.
She writes that she too, watches way too much TV and she blames it on her television class this semester. She also says, "You'd be surprised at how much actullay goes into making a show."
 
It's a very pretty card and I like her greeting.
Georgia is on my top five list of places to go for my next vacation.
 
 
Another offcial postcrossing card from Erick in El Salvador.
He writes,
"Hi JarieLyn!!! Hope yo like this postcard that belongs to a collection called 'Beautiful El Salvador' and shows the most impressive landscapes of my loved country. Erick :)"
 
Yes, Erick, it does show a most impressive landscape. It's amazing.
 
 
A cute little Christmas card from Mega Christmas Card Swap at Swap-Bot
 
 
An absolutely adorable pengquin Christmas scene.
Just looking at this card makes me very happy.
It was sent by another swapper in Christmas Card Swap at Swap-Bot
 
 
A wonderful package from my penpal, Lynn.
Her letters make me laugh and she always sends something to challenge me creatively.
 
 
She sent me some mail art.The pretty girl with the rabbit is a mail art drawn by someone else.
It is so beautiful, I wish you could see it close up because the details are amazing.
The rest of the mail art was created by my penpal Lynn.
She made a postcard out of upcycled materials.
She made an ATC (artist trading card) which I love. She did a great job.
And then she sent me some art that she created postcard size that she wants me to alter and send back to her.

This is what she sent me to alter.
I've already put my spin on it but I don't want to show it just yet.
I'd hate to spoil the surprise for her just in case she happens to land on my blog.
I can tell you this: I had a lot of fun working on it.
 
 
Here is a close up of the other mail art printed onto a label.
I would give anything to be able to draw like that.
 
 
Here is a close-up of thr piece that Lynn created.
I like it a lot.
 
 
This cute little card is from another swap I joined, "Just a Happy Note Card"
Look at those eyes on that kitty. So engaging. So cute.
 
 
This is a response from a possible penpal I found on Sendsomething.net.
Obviously she lives in Arizona.
I love this card because it made me laugh right away.
What she wrote on  the back also made me laugh.
Laughter is always a good sign.
 
********************************************
 
Awhile back I wrote about the Royal Mail Service and a package sent by a swapper from the UK.
You can read about that here if you're interested.
 
Anyhow, here's an update:
 
Don't you just love the elegance of this postal label?
My swap partner sent me a completely new package to make up for the last one.
I couldn't be happier with the contents.
 
 
 
A mini journal that is so soft to the touch.
It is really nice and I'm thrilled.
The best thing inside the package though were these little goodies:
 
 
Various blank postcards that are amazing.
She did write on one of the postcards a nice message.
But I am in love with these images.
 
 
A round postcard which I've never seen before.
I love it.
 
 
So cute.
 
In all, she sent me five blank postcards and one written postcard.
I love them all very much.
A few of them even have glitter on them.
 
 
This amazing book is a gift from my sister.
My most treasured mailbox goodie this week.
The message is my most treasured goodie this week.
 
 
 
My sister is my very best friend and I am always surprised when she sends me a gift in the mail.
And she does it quite often.
The book is so me, and I read the entire thing in one sitting.
I couldn't put it down.
 
 
Another Christmas Card from the Mega Christmas Card Swap.
This picture does not do the card justice.
It's a very pretty card in person and inside the card were polar bear stickers.
I love stickers and those polar bears are very cute.
 
 
Yet another card from Swap Bot.
I also received some stickers from this person too.
This is such a happy and playful scene.
My youngest brother loved Tigger when he was little and this makes me think of him.
 
My outgoing mail pales compared to what I received this week.
 
 
A letter to a new penpal.
 
 
This postcard is on its way to a swapper in Texas.
This swap is called "I'm writing this postcard while...."
 
 
This postcard is on its way to a swapper in Oregon.
This swap is a Gratitude Swap.
The prompt was to write something that you are grateful for.
 
 
Another postcard for the Gratitude Swap.
 
 
Another postcard for the Gratitude Swap.
 
 
An official postcrossing card on its way to Russia.
Hopefully it will arrive in less than a month.
 
Whew! This was a long post.
 
Oh, I did send out another letter to Angie.
Just not posting the pic yet.
 
Happy mailing my fellow snailmailers.
What's your special delivery this week?


1 comment:

Dianne said...

wow!! you got a lot of amazing stuff
I love the drawings
and the book from your sis
and the postcards!! they're wonderful